• Call 01782 652300

  • residential-property-icon PERSONAL INJURY CASE STUDIES

    Quick Links

    Burn Injury From Faulty Holiday Shower

    Settlement: £1,000

    What Happened?

    Our client had booked a holiday break through the Sun newspaper and he went with his family to stay in a static caravan. The shower was heated by a ‘combi’ boiler, in other words when the shower was switched on the boiler would ignite and heat the water being fed through to the shower.  Our Client was having trouble getting the water to the right temperature.  It suddenly began to run extremely hot and he sustained burns to his lower abdomen and groin which were painful.

    How Tinsdills Helped

    Although he had reported the incident and the faulty shower to the caravan site at the time of the accident, our Client was told that it was his own fault for having incorrectly set the temperature. Although someone came to inspect the shower afterwards and confirmed that there was a faulty washer on the tap this was later denied.

    We brought a Claim against the caravan site owners for their failure to inspect and maintain the boiler and hot water system but this was again denied.


    After arguments and medical evidence having been maintained and disclosed, the insurers of the caravan site put forward an offer to settle the Claim in the sum of £1,000 which the client accepted.

    Call us on 01782 652363 or enquire online.

    Get advice now with your claim

    Contact or Visit a
    Local Branch

    Hanley 01782 262031 email-icon
    Newcastle 01782 612311 email-icon
    Sandbach 01270 761111 email-icon
    Leek 01538 399332 email-icon

    Meet our Specialist
    Personal Injury Team

    By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

    The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.