• Call 01782 652300

  • residential-property-icon PERSONAL INJURY FAQ

    Quick Links

    Can I Claim For Loss Of Earnings Due To My Injury?

    Making a claim for loss of earnings due to an accident can be a confusing and sometimes complicated process. Tinsdills can help you with a loss of earnings claim, making the process more straightforward than it may otherwise have been.

    You may have had an accident which has resulted in you missing a period of work, or you may no longer be able to work due to your accident. In both cases, it may be possible for you to claim financial compensation, or damages, for your loss of earnings, and Tinsdills have significant experience in helping people like you make a claim.

    You will have to prove what your earnings would have been had you not had the accident. If your case proceeds to court, you will be expected to give evidence about your earnings before the accident as well as the payments you received during your absence from work. Calculating pay loss can be further complicated by the possibility of overtime bonuses or productivity awards which you may have missed out on. The court will expect you to prove that overtime at your place of work was readily and frequently available, and that you had a track record of doing overtime on a regular basis.

    If you are self-employed, things can be even more complicated, as your income is likely to vary on a month to month basis, meaning it can be difficult to prove the extent of your loss of earnings accurately. To prove your pre-accident average earnings from your business the court will expect you to produce the trading accounts for your business for three years before the date of the accident as well as your tax and returns submitted to HMRC.

    Here at Tinsdills, we have considerable knowledge and expertise in helping individuals successfully claim for loss of earnings.

    Making A Claim For Loss Of Earnings

    Because claiming for loss of earnings is often a complicated process, it is important for you to have the best possible legal representation, to make sure that you do not miss out on compensation that you are entitled to.

    Tinsdills can help you every step of the way; advising, supporting and representing you, to ensure your claim for loss of earnings is successful.

    Our experience helping others with a variety of claims means that we are familiar with the legal requirements and what is needed in order to make your loss of earnings claim a success.

    We will always aim to get the maximum compensation for you, and try to make sure you do not miss out. Our team is available to help you start a loss of earnings claim straight away.

    Contact Us To Start Your Claim

    You need experts like Tinsdills to represent you in a loss of earnings claim. We can help make sure that your interests are protected, and that you get full loss of earnings compensation where appropriate. Tinsdills have a dedicated team of legal professionals who deal with such claims all the time, meaning that you are in a safe pair of hands.

    Our offices are in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Leek, Hanley and Sandbach, Cheshire and a member of our team will be happy to speak to you.

    Call 01782 652363 or fill out our online enquiry form.

    Tinsdills Solicitors – managing personal injury claims across Staffordshire, Cheshire, Derbyshire and Shropshire

    Get personal injury advice now with your claim

    Contact us today
    or visit a local branch

    Hanley 01782 262031 email-icon
    Newcastle 01782 612311 email-icon
    Sandbach 01270 761111 email-icon
    Leek 01538 399332 email-icon

    Meet our specialist
    personal injury team

    By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

    The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.