• Call 01782 652300

  • Road Traffic Accidents

    If you are unfortunate enough to have suffered injury in a road accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim. It is possible to claim whether you were the non-fault driver of the car, or if you were being carried as a passenger.

    To succeed in recovering compensation you will need to prove that another person was responsible for the accident.

    If possible whilst at the accident scene, you should note the names and contact details of any witnesses to the accident. It is helpful to take photographs of the accident scene, even using a mobile phone. If the person that you think was to blame for the accident leaves the scene without providing their contact details, admits to having no valid insurance or admits to driving a stolen vehicle, you should contact the police immediately.

    Uninsured Driver Claims

    In circumstances where the person at fault does not have a valid insurance, leaves the accident scene without supplying any details and cannot be traced, or is driving a stolen vehicle, you may still be entitled to recover compensation.

    Such compensation may be available if you are a driver, passenger, pedestrian, motorcyclist or pedal cyclist.

    The Motor Insurers’ Bureau or MIB is an organisation specifically set up with the Government to compensate the victims of negligent uninsured and untraced motorists. The procedure for making a claim against the MIB can be complex. Our Road Traffic Accident team can advise you whether you have a valid claim, and will be pleased to answer any queries you may have relating to the accident and your injury or losses.

    If you are successful in proving that someone was responsible for your injury you may be entitled to an award of compensation. If you can establish that your injury and financial losses arose as a result of the accident then you will receive an award to compensate you for Pain, Suffering and Loss of Amenity. You may also be able to recover additional losses such as past or ongoing wage loss, costs such as travelling expenses or prescription fees etc. We will include these losses as part of your claim.

    By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

    The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.