Uninsured Driver Claims

Driving Offence Solicitors

We have over 20 years of experience, finding the best solution for our clients’ road traffic accident claims. Other areas of personal injury law include:

Untraced & Uninsured Driver Claim

Being involved in an accident with an untraced or uninsured driver can be stressful. You may feel like you have been cheated, or be concerned about your finances as a result of the accident.

Here at Tinsdills Solicitors we have years of successful experience in handling Uninsured Driver Claims, in fact all types of road traffic accident personal injuries. Our specialist team can help you claim the financial compensation you deserve.

    Get In Touch Today



    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Claiming Against An Uninsured Or Untraced Driver

    road traffic accident alternate

    Uninsured drivers and drivers who cause an accident but cannot be traced, cause serious problems for many victims each year. However, you are still able to make an Uninsured Driver Claim for compensation under these circumstances.

    The Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB) acts as an insurer in the event of an accident involving an untraced or uninsured driver, meaning that you can still receive compensation for your injury.

    To bring a claim with the MIB against an uninsured driver, your claim must be brought within three years of being involved in the accident. Furthermore, it is important that you attempt to keep your losses to a minimum also known as ‘mitigating’ your loss. You should also report the accident to the police within 14 days of the accident taking place.

    Your claim will include compensation for pain and suffering caused by the accident, in addition to any financial loss caused as a result of the accident.

    Our expert team specialising in Uninsured Driver Accident claims will assist you in bringing your claim with the MIB, and will make a claim on your behalf outlining the circumstances of the accident, and all of the ways in which you should be compensated for your injuries.

    Financial loss known as ‘special damages’, may include; loss of earnings, medical costs, care costs, loss of future earnings as well as any other costs associated with being injured.

    If you have not already begun to do so, you should keep evidence of associated costs such as receipts.

    “Thank you for helping make everything as easy and stress-free as possible. We really appreciate everything you have done and all the hard work you have put in.”

    What Our Customers Say

    Read reviews from our happy clients.

    “My solicitor was excellent in managing my claim and advising me. Thank you for believing in me, believing in my case and winning it for me. Others didn’t and though it was too hard to win against a local council.”

    Meet Our Specialist Personal Injury Team

    Contact Us To Discuss Your Uninsured and Untraced Driver Claim

    Call us on 01782 652363 for an initial consultation.

    Our team of experts have years of experience in handling personal injury claims for injuries of all types, and can help you make an Uninsured Driver Claim for compensation today.

    We are not only experts in the law, but we also pride ourselves on customer service and keeping our clients happy with our service.

    If you want to begin your claim with us today, call us or complete our online enquiry form and we will get back to you.

    Contact us today or visit a
    local branch

    Hanley: 01782 262031

    Newcastle: 01782 612311

    Sandbach: 01270 761111

    Leek: 01538 399332


    Latest News

    Visit the Tinsdills blog for great content about the legal sector and beyond.

    The Most Popular Questions For Uninsured & Untraced Driver Claims

    You should make sure you report the accident and the fact that you are injured to the police and if it transpires that the other driver was at fault, or partially at fault, and did not have any insurance at the time of your accident, then a claim will need to be made to a body known as the Motor Insurers’ Bureau. We can help you through this process. 

    By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

    The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.