Branch Hours: 9AM – 5PM, Mon – Fri.
Call 01782 652300
Tinsdills Solicitors Leek
No. 10 Derby Street, Leek
A little bit of history…
Tinsdills Solicitors Leek offices are located in a Grade II listed building – 10, Derby Street
No. 10 Derby Street, dates from 1760, has an early courtroom to the rear, and seems to have been built as a combined house and office for a solicitor with domestic accommodation, later extended to include a courthouse.
From the early 19th century until the 1990s, the Challinor office was located at No. 10 Derby Street, for some years the home of William Challinor (II). The partnership of Killmister and Challinor continued until September 1836 when it was dissolved by mutual consent. Challinor’s eldest son William (1821-1896) took over the family business when his father died and later entered into a partnership with George Sawkins. The Challinor & Sawkins partnership was dissolved by mutual consent in July 1843 and sometime later Challinor’s younger brother Joseph (1828-1910) entered the family firm. Shortly afterwards, in April 1850, William and Joseph formed a new partnership with William Beaumont Badnall trading as Challinor, Badnall & Challinor.