Abdi is a Director, Commercial Property Solicitor and Head of the Commercial Property Department at Tinsdills. He graduated from Keele University in 2006 with a Law and Business LLB, and then completed his LPC at Staffordshire University in 2007. He qualified as a solicitor in September 2012 and was appointed as a Director in 2018. He undertakes work for a range of clients including individuals and SMEs to larger commercial landlords and property developers.
He has experience in a wide range of property matters including:
• Purchases and sales ranging from small holdings to larger multi-let buildings
• Site acquisitions including by way of a conditional contract (e.g. subject to planning permission) or option agreement
• Site disposals including by way of a conditional contract, ‘back to back’ agreement and ‘golden brick’ agreements
• Ancillary agreements including exclusivity agreements, s106 agreements, s111 agreements, crane over sail licenses, wayleaves, granting of easement, deeds of release and overages
• Lease work including drafting and advising on: agreements for leases, new leases, renewal leases (including pursuant to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954), licenses to alter, assignments, licenses to assign, deeds of surrender, deeds of covenant and rent deposit deeds
• Sale of ground rent portfolios
• Site plot sales
• Residential Landlord and Tenant possession proceedings
• Reports on title
Abdi’s aim is to give clients practical advice in a timely manner in order to allow them to make an informed choice and progress matters.