Mark is a Commercial Litigation Solicitor. He advises and assists both businesses and individuals in resolving disputes. After gaining his degree in law at the University of Oxford, Mark qualified as a solicitor in 1996 and has specialised in this area of practice ever since.
He has experience in a broad range of litigation and dispute resolutions, including:
- Complex commercial and contractual disputes
- Director and shareholder disputes, including minority shareholder unfair prejudice claims
- Probate and estate disputes, including claims under the Inheritance Act 1975
- Construction litigation, including adjudication
- Professional negligence claims, including claims against solicitors, accountants, architects and surveyors
- Debt recovery
- Litigation in the county courts, the High Court (including the Technology & Construction Court and the Business & Property Courts), the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court
Mark also has wide experience of various forms of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and expert determination.
He is a member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association and the Society of Construction Lawyers.
Mark always aims to understand at the outset his clients’ commercial aims, and to determine early on how best to achieve those. His primary focus is on achieving practical commercial solutions for his clients through whichever means of dispute resolution is most appropriate in the circumstances.