Call 01782 652300
I am a Personal Injury Solicitor and Director, specialising in civil litigation, clinical negligence, employment, and the trade union and labour relations. I am also particularly experienced in the preparation and conduct of catastrophic injury claims for claimants, occupational disease and fatal accidents.
I gained my BA Hons (Law) in 1982 at Trent Polytechnic (now Nottingham Trent University) and completed my Law Society Finals at the College of Law, Chester in 1983. I was then admitted in 1985.
I have extensive experience dealing with injuries sustained in road accidents, workplace accidents, accidents on construction sites, falls from a height, and spinal injuries following clinical negligence; sporting injuries, particularly arising from motorsport. Occupational diseases affecting the chest and lungs including asbestosis, silicosis, progressive massive fibrosis and malignant mesothelioma. Also, occupational diseases affecting the skin giving rise to dermatitis.
I also have experience in the field of trade union and labour relations arises from advising trade unions, principally, assisting trade unions in the management and running of collective conditional fee agreements for members seeking compensation for personal injury arising from accidents and occupational disease. Also, assisting individual members of trade unions and advising in relation to terms and conditions of employment breaches of employment contract unfair dismissal and discrimination in the workplace.
Catastrophic injury claims
I have represented a large number of claimants seeking damages for catastrophic injuries arising from spinal-cord injury or traumatic brain injury.
I have dealt with the issues arising under travel, issues concerning motor insurance and claims involving the Motor Insurers Bureau. Also claims arising from accidents in the course of sporting activities, particularly motorcycle racing.
Examples of my recent work include acting in claims for:
• Spinal cord injuries sustained by a rear seat passenger in a motorcar struck from behind on the hard shoulder of a motorway caused by an uninsured driver
• Spinal cord injuries sustained by when falling from a wall bounding the premises of a hospital
• Spinal cord injuries suffered while competing in a motorcycle racing event
• Brain injury leading to a persisting vegetative state arising from the failure of a commercial centrifuge in the course of employment
• Brain injury and below knee amputation of the leg following an accident at work
• above knee amputation of a pedestrian following a road accident involving a foreign registered vehicle
• Assisting with the relatives of severely brain injury injured claimants in applications for their appointment as deputies and advising families of severely injured claimants on setting up appropriate care and accommodation including the purchase and adaptation of alternative accommodation
• Recovering damages from three former employers of a silicosis sufferer including the restoration of two of the companies to the Companies Register in order to bring proceedings
• Negligent laparoscopic hernia repair
I am a member of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel as well as the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers, senior litigator. I am also listed in the Spinal Injury Association recommended list of solicitors and the Headway recommended list of solicitors.
If you would like to discuss how I can help you, please do not hesitate to contact me by email to email@example.com or by telephone on 01782 652392.