Karl is a personal injury solicitor and Director specialising in claims for injuries sustained at work, including occupational disease cases such as noise induced hearing loss, work related upper limb disorders and hand/arm vibration syndrome, Occupiers Liability and Public Liability claims.
Karl gained his BA Hons in Law in 1983 at University College London and completed his Law Society finals at the College of Law in Guildford in 1984. He was admitted as a solicitor in 1986 and joined Tinsdills in April 1990.
Examples of Karl’s recent work include acting on claims for:-
- Crushing injuries sustained to the lower limb by an employee working at an airport which resulted in an above knee amputation and significant psychological injuries.
- Serious lower limb injuries sustained by an employee who was driven into by another employee operating a forklift truck.
- Physical and psychological injuries sustained by an employee who was assaulted by another employee with a hammer.
- Hearing loss and tinnitus sustained as a consequence of exposure to excessive noise levels in the workplace without hearing protection.
- Vibration induced injuries sustained by employees caused by excessive exposure to vibration from work equipment without adequate protection.
- Lower limb fractures, soft tissue injuries requiring plastic surgery and psychological injuries sustained by a minor pedestrian in a road traffic accident.
- Fractured vertebrae sustained by a visitor to a residential property in a fall down the stairs caused by a tripping hazard.
- Knee injury caused when a pallet was being lifted off a stack and snagging on a nail protruding from the pallet below causing it to flip up into the air and drop onto the lower limb.
- Orthopaedic and significant psychological injuries sustained when a lift at work went into freefall before the lift brakes operated to bring the lift to a violent halt.
- Serious ankle fracture sustained by a school pupil stepping off the school bus on to a patch of ice.
- Soft tissue injuries sustained by a care home worker who was assaulted by a resident.
Karl’s goal is always to guide his clients through the claims process as quickly and efficiently as possible and communicating with clients in jargon free language.