Accidents in a Public Place
white personal injury icon no background

What Accidents In Public Places Can I Claim For?

Some of the most common types of accidents in public places we help people claim for include:

Public Accident Claims Specialists

Unfortunately, accidents do happen and if you have sustained injury due to an accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be able to make an accident claim. 

There are laws that impose responsibilities on owners of public places to take steps to ensure your safety. At Tinsdills, we understand those responsibilities and will do what we can to fight your case for you.

Accidents in Shops and Supermarkets

It could be that you may have slipped in a supermarket, slipped due to a spillage on the floor, fallen on ice in an ungritted car park, a member of staff has accidentally pushed a roll cage into you whilst you were shopping, or maybe an item you were browsing was damaged in some way causing you an injury. 

These are just some of the circumstances in which you may have a right to make a claim for compensation.

Accidents in Hotels, Bars, Pubs and Leisure Attractions

If you have visited a pub, hotel or restaurant and have sustained an injury that was not your fault, you may be entitled to a personal injury claim. Whether this was falling due to a spillage, a loose piece of carpet causing you to trip, or perhaps a staff member spilling something on you and causing a burn injury. These are just some of the circumstances in which the owner of a premises should take reasonable steps to attempt to prevent such incidents from taking place. 

The same can apply when at the gym; the equipment you use should be in good working order and checked and maintained frequently to ensure users do not sustain injury.

    Get In Touch Today



    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Accidents at Home Against Landlords

    public accident example

    Perhaps you live in rented accommodation and have reported issues to your landlord or managing agent but they have taken no action, leaving an issue that resulted in an accident. For example, they did not repair a slight leak that worsened over time and caused you to slip on water. Perhaps the boiler, cooker, or gas fire was not inspected as required by law, and you may have suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning.

    A landlord or managing agent have responsibilities to you as a tenant and unfortunately accidents will happen, more so when a landlord does not meet their obligations.

    Accidents on the Footpath or Road

    If you have tripped due to a pothole or raised paving slab, or come off your bicycle when cycling due to an unseen pothole, then we can help. 

    As we all know, many roadworks are undertaken. The company undertaking the work may well leave the area in a poor state, for example by not covering trenches as they should, leaving debris on the road, or leaving manholes exposed. 

    The council has a duty of care to pedestrians and road users to inspect and maintain the highway. Contractors undertaking work have a duty as well, and we can help you to pursue a claim in these circumstances.

    At Tinsdills, we have years of experience making claims on behalf of people who have had all kinds of accidents in public, so we fully understand all the ways in which you should be compensated for your injury. 

    When you contact our specialist team, we will be able to advise you on who to bring your claim against and whether you have a good chance of success. Each case is different, so the best way to understand whether you can make a claim is to contact our specialist lawyers.

    Your award of compensation may include compensation for any pain and suffering you experience and any financial loss you incur, such as loss of earnings, loss of pension, medical costs, or care costs.

    Our team will treat your claim with the necessary professionalism and respect and help you get your life back on track after an injury. Contact us today to find out how we can help you.

    “My solicitor was excellent in managing my claim and advising me. Thank you for believing in me, believing in my case and winning it for me. Others didn’t and though it was too hard to win against a local council.”

    What Our Customers Say

    Read the thoughts of just a few of our many happy clients. 

    “Thank you for helping make everything as easy and stress-free as possible. We really appreciate everything you have done and all the hard work you have put in.”

    Meet Our Specialist Personal Injury Team

    Contact Us To Discuss Your Claim For An Accident In Public

    Call us on 01782 652363 for an initial consultation.

    If you have suffered an accident in a public place, no matter how severe, our team of expert solicitors can help.

    If you have any questions regarding making a personal injury claim, or if you have any questions about using our service, contact our team today.

    Contact us or today or visit a
    local branch

    Hanley: 01782 262031

    Newcastle: 01782 612311

    Sandbach: 01270 761111

    Leek: 01538 399332

    Latest News

    Visit the Tinsdills blog for great content about the legal sector and beyond.