Court of Protection
white wills icon no background

Court Of Protection Solicitors

At Tinsdills Solicitors, we handle your Court of Protection with empathy and provide specialist support for those required to make key decisions on behalf of family members who otherwise wouldn’t be capable of making the decision. Here’s just a few of the other areas our Wills, Trusts & Probate services cover:

What Is The Court Of Protection?

The Court of Protection is a specialist court that makes decisions, and appoints Deputies, to act on behalf of people who are unable to make decisions about their personal health, finance or welfare.

If someone can no longer manage their affairs and has not set up a Lasting Power of Attorney to enable someone else to make decisions on their behalf, an application to the Court of Protection might be needed to appoint a Deputy to manage their affairs generally, or to make a decision on a specific issue.

It is also sometimes necessary to make applications to the Court of Protection to resolve contentious or complex issues even when a Lasting Power of Attorney is already in place.

These applications are often complex and time consuming at a time when you least need it. Our team offers friendly and efficient support during these difficult times.

    Get In Touch Today


    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Choose Tinsdills For Your Court Of Protection

    court of protection work

    We’re specialist solicitors in all areas of Wills, Trust and Probate and our team are dedicated in helping our clients put their affairs in order. 

    Client satisfaction is at the heart of everything we do, with 98.2% of customers surveyed agreeing to use our service again. 

    For a case dealt with the utmost sympathy and discretion, our solicitors handle Court of Protection Deputy applications, or, if applicable we can be the allocated Deputy. 

    Tinsdills Solicitors are experienced practitioners in all areas of Court of Protection. We understand the complexities involved and we’ll be with you every step of the way. 

    We provide ongoing support for Deputies or Attorneys including financial advice, help with investments or assistance with health and social care. 

    “All aspects of making our Will was fully explained and understood clearly. We always use Tinsdills and would advise anybody else too.”

    What Our Customers Say

    Hear from some of our satisfied clients. 

    “All relevant matters were conducted in a professional and friendly manner. Home visits were agreed well in advance and observed at the appointed time. By having meetings at my home was of great benefit to myself.”

    Meet Our Specialist Wills, Trusts & Probate Team

    Contact Us To Discuss Your Court Of Protection

    If you have questions regarding Court of Protection, or wish to discuss your case with our team, we’d be happy to hear from you. Contact your nearest branch today: 

    Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.

    Contact us or today or visit a
    local branch

    Hanley: 01782 262031

    Newcastle: 01782 612311

    Sandbach: 01270 761111

    Leek: 01538 399332

    Latest News

    Read on for more news and updates from the Tinsdills Solicitors blog.

    The Most Popular Questions For Court Of Protection

    Given the detailed nature of Court of Protection applications, coupled with the current strain the Court system is under, we would expect an Order to be issued within four to six months.

    A person appointed as a Deputy by the Court of Protection will potentially be granted similar powers to that of an attorney under a Lasting Power of Attorney. There may be one-off applications that are needed with some decisions, which tends not to be the case with a Lasting Power of Attorney.

    A Lasting Power of Attorney can only be entered into if a person has the required level of mental capacity to understand what they are doing. If that person does not have that level of mental capacity but still needs their affairs managing, the Court of Protection application will be required.