Legal & Commercial Director
Paul is a litigation Solicitor, Legal & Commercial Director and Head of the Litigation department. Paul acts for both individuals and businesses in a wide variety of matters.
Paul qualified as a solicitor in April 2005 and joined Tinsdills in February 2010 and is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and has the Law Society Personal Injury accreditation.
Paul specialises in the following areas:
- Medical negligence claims
- Personal injury claims where serious injuries have been suffered
- Contested probate claims
- Debt recovery disputes
- Employment disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Company restorations
Across the areas that Paul specialises in, Paul ensures that he helps his clients by:
- Considering the instructions provided along with the available documentation and identifying the salient issues
- Identifying what information/documentation is required to prove the case
- Corresponding with any opponent to attempt to resolve matters without court proceedings if possible
- Prepare Court proceedings if necessary
- Advising in respect of disclosure obligations
- Drafting witness statements
- Attending court hearings
- Negotiating settlements
Examples of Paul’s medical negligence work include acting in claims for:
- Injuries sustained by a failure to x-ray at the accident & emergency department causing long term problems that could have been avoided by a prompt x-ray.
- Injuries caused by a hospital leaving an object inside a patient following an operation.
- Consequences of a failure to diagnose cancer
- Injuries sustained as a direct result of a hospital negligently failing to identify an infection of the heart that was there to be seen
- Injuries sustained following a failure by hospital staff to undertake a correct examination resulting in the loss of a testicle
Examples of Paul’s personal injury work include acting in claims for:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder for secondary victims following a fatal road traffic accident.
- Brain injuries sustained as a result of a cycling accident
- Significant burn injuries sustained as a result of an accident at work
- Dental and facial injuries following a cycling accident caused by a pothole on a cycle path
- Bereavement damages for the benefit of the surviving family following a fatal accident.
- Multiple serious injuries including to the leg, back and pelvis following a serious road traffic accident.
- Significant injuries following an accident where our client was struck by a vehicle at a pedestrian crossing
- Loss of fingers following an accident at work.
- The development of neuropathic pain following an accident at work.
Paul aims to guide his clients through what is a very difficult time in their lives and, in the case of injury claims, help them to recover as quickly as possible by securing whatever rehabilitation they need. Paul will ensure that once his clients have recovered or received all of the rehabilitation, treatment and assistance that is possible, that he negotiates the best settlement that is available for his clients.
Paul will ensure that his clients are fully aware of what the legal process involves and are supported every step of the way. Paul will provide his clients with clear, practical advice to assist them to achieve their desired outcome.