PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS
Call 01782 652300
Fatal Accident Claims & Compensation
Either way, fatal accidents shatter families and cause financial hardship. In these cases the claim survives for the benefit of the victim’s Estate.
In appropriate cases, we can recover compensation for the victim’s surviving spouse or partner and dependants.
What To Do If Family Fatal Accident Occurs
If you are affected by a fatal accident within your family make sure you understand the options available to you. This will help you claim the appropriate compensation for yourself and family members.
Family members are often faced to respond to enquiries from a coroner after a death in the family occurs . They may also have to attend a coroner’s inquest.
It is important to contact our legal team early enough to assist you about the inquest process. It is also helpful if we can attend the inquest to listen to the evidence and to represent your interests.
In fatal accident claims it is necessary to gain a Grant of Representation, either Probate or Letters of Administration. This document is available from the court before the claim concludes.
Tinsdills Solicitors provide:
- Lawyers with the experience of undertaking detailed investigations of the facts relevant to your claim;
- Representation at Coroner’s Inquests;
- Assistance with obtaining a Grant of Representation;
- Advice on the law affecting the Estate’s entitlement to compensation and the entitlement of any dependants;
- Advice on the law affecting the assessment and quantification of damages (compensation) for the Estate and for any dependants;
- Experienced and level-headed advice about the funding required to bring your claim;
- Access to the appropriate legal and other experts upon whom you will rely establish your claim and to value your losses;
- Guidance through the process of court proceedings, if necessary, to obtain the remedy (compensation) the Estate and any dependants are entitled to receive;
- Skilled negotiation where a settlement can be achieved without court proceedings;
- Access to advice on the management, investment and protection compensation awards after the claim is concluded.
No amount of money can ever compensate for the loss of a life. Yet, it can help to ease the financial strain on families.
We have specialist solicitors who deal with fatal accident claims with sensitive compassion.
Call us on 01782 652363 or contact us online. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.